One of the most exciting aspects of watching my coaching business expand is the fine-tuning that comes with the expansion. When the work became plentiful enough, I found I could begin to calibrate my process into something that truly made me happy. And when I’m happy, my clients are happy, it’s that way with any business isn’t it? Coaching is a partnership, a sacred partnership which has formed in service to not only the expansion of one person’s life, but the expansion of all humanity. That’s truly how I see it. Because when we align with our authentic purpose and begin expressing that purpose into the collective, our day-to-day life, the whole world shifts, one person at a time. To me, this isn’t just work, it’s a sacred soul contract. So, who I work with is incredibly important.
I think when we’re partnering with anyone through business (or with any other area of life) the most important exercise we can practice is to visualize our ideal partnerships. Who are these people? How do they communicate? What’s their energy like? How do I feel when I’m in their presence? This is something that every start-up business book will tell you, but I find that few people are actually doing it. To me, it’s an intuitive exercise. When I do this visualization, I truly feel those people—my ideal client partners– in my energy space as if they’re already there, lining up outside my door, ready to initiate the process of opening to their life and the global transformation that comes along with it. Like the Butterfly Effect, when one person spreads their wings, it’s felt a million miles away.
This is how I do it…
I feel the energy of what I’m looking for, without even focusing on the details. How does the ideal partnership make me feel? I sit with it for a few minutes, giving it a landing pad to alight upon. I visualize myself glowing, like a firefly, so that I’m visible in this world. And then I bring in the details. My ideal client, the ideal partnership I’m looking for is a person who:
- Fully owns the responsibility for their own life.
- Enjoys working their action steps because they understand the work means finding their ultimate freedom.
- Isn’t afraid of their own Shadow (and I’m referring to the Jungian Shadow here… not making any kind of fraidy-cat reference). And by this I mean they’re open to exploring the behaviors that are outside the access of their own consciousness. This takes guts.
- Understands what “sacred” means to them in their own life.
- Wants to learn to accept their sovereignty and the sovereignty of those around them, meaning they know it’s completely up to them to alter the course of their life and they realize the importance of allowing others to navigate their own lives too.
- Has the courage to step out of their comfort zone in service to never again feeling the kind of fear that holds a person back from their own greatest expression. The kind of fear that saves us from a grizzly bear attack is good. The kind of fear that keeps us from sharing our gifts with the world is asking to be transformed into a more congruent form of power for us.
- This person also understands the concept of partnership and feels the power of a coaching relationship.
If you haven’t already done this in your own life, I ask you to do it today. It’s so important. No matter what your story is– in work, seeking new relationships or friendships, whatever it is—construct a clear image of those you are calling into your life. Feel them as if they’re already there, just waiting outside your door. Do this for a short period of time, every day, and don’t be alarmed when they come knocking.
Opening to the world of possibility means your life will start to shift. No question. You’re ready.