Happy Winter Solstice, my friends!
Tomorrow is the shortest day of the year, and we’re soon to leave a decade behind to usher in the 2020’s (how cool is that?). It’s a time of sacred hopes-and-dreams-come-true while we get squeezed through the cosmic eye-of-the-needle, creating what can feel like emotional chaos, intensity, and glorious creativity.
You are doing beautifully! I can feel it! (Let me know if you could use some loving energy & I’ll send some your way. It’s not been easy for everybody, I know.)
The Solstice always feels enchanting to me, and is known to be a powerful day of manifestation.
So I thought this would be a good time to share my thoughts on some energy fundamentals.
In short, we can’t travel the cosmos of coming alive without first anchoring our feet to the ground.
I’m asked so often how a person can protect their energetic boundaries, as if it’s just beyond our reach, or dependent upon an ancient ancestral craft. It’s true–every culture has highly effective sacred rituals to clean and fortify our life force, but without beginning with an earthly foundation, those protection energies will have nothing to anchor into long-term.
The most powerful realm of creating healthy boundaries (so we’re not inadvertently wandering into someone else’s energy field, taking on their pain, their discord, their dramas, etc.) begins not with ritual or ceremony, but in simply how we live our life.
I believe the fortification of our boundaries, critical for empaths and Highly Sensitive People, starts with a practice of striving for these eight things:
- WE STAY IN INTEGRITY. We do not force ourselves, or others, to do what causes harm. Compassion is an extension of integrity.
- WE DROP THE ‘SHOULDS’. We learn that if whatever precedes or follows the word ‘should’ makes us sick inside, then we find a way of doing things differently (which may mean doing less).
- WE STOP LYING TO OURSELVES. Self-directed lies are an epidemic, designed by our own fear, to keep us compliant with what is not working for us (but may be more convenient). Lying keeps us numb. We have to feel more, not less, to stay present to our own healthy boundaries.
- WE CONNECT TO SOMETHING GREATER. A noble cause. God. The Universe. Mother Nature. Science. Service to others. Something, anything, that redirects our tendency to focus on the minutia.
- WE ESTABLISH A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR VIOLENCE OF ANY KIND. This includes destructive self-talk, or being cruel to our own body, mind, or soul.
- WE LOVE. We love generously, decadently, and abundantly. We say it. We mean it. We share it, even if it makes us feel vulnerable. And if we don’t know how to love ourselves we stop making excuses and commit to healing and learning how no matter how difficult we tell ourselves it will be.
- WE LEARN TO STOP ALLOWING OUR MINDS TO DOMINATE, BULLY, AND OBLITERATE THE NEEDS OF THE SPIRIT. More feeling, less rote doing just to keep up with the crowd or run the rat race.
- WE PLAY! We devote time to something that makes us feel vibrant and alive, with no expectation of outcome, no inner demands, no intention at all but to feel creative freedom.
These are not only the foundation of creating healthy boundaries and energy protection, they are also the doorway to intuition, enchantment, healing, and spirit.
As we enter the magic of this holiday season, let me express my love for you and my wish that you achieve and receive everything your soul desires for you.
One step at a time, may your heart illuminate your way.
I’m going a little quiet this next week, to rest through the holiday and build up my energy for the imminent release of my new book. Please be very, very good to yourself and treat yourself with great care.